That's it! I've just set foot at the brand new T3 and it seem's like I've made it once again to Beijing. The third time to be precise, the last one having been in 2002 - an era ago in terms of Chinese development.
Many questions flash through my head. What will this megalopolis (pop. approx. 17mn) have transformed itself into in these six years shortly before the Olympics - the event for which countdown began 7 years ago? Will I be able to actually feel the widely heralded measures to improve air and other pollution?? What will it feel like to experience Beijing's new masterpieces of modern architecture first hand??? What will the mood among regular Beijinger's be as the world's attention zooms in on their city while the authorities try to make sure everything will go forward without a glitch???? And, and, and, so many questions on my mind... I guess I'll just have to wait and see!
For now I'm just speeding though the terminal with the shuttle train. This doesn't even take that long, considering it's the largest building in the world (2 miles long - would strech across Lower Manhattan). Almost surprisingly (compared to Heathrow's new T5's performance) everything else such as immigration and baggage claiming went though more than smoothly. And best of all a good Chinese friend of mine was already waiting for me at the exit. Beijing huān yíng wo - here I come!